Podcast Interview Profile
Erick is a podcast marketer who helps brands and businesses reach targeted podcast audiences without the legwork so that they can focus on what matters.
Practice Makes Perfect
Experienced Podcast Guesting Expert.
Bootstrapped his company Podcast Connection from zero to 6 figures annually in two years with almost no upfront capital.
Acquired ± 2 million podcast downloads/streams/listens for his clients collectively in the last 2 years.
Leads a team of 14 which started out as 2 and grew to what it is now in less than two years.
Some Background Information
Erick Gerber is an entrepreneur, musician, and the co-founder and COO of Podcast Connection – a PR agency focused on podcast interviews.
In just two years, Erick and his business partner Raymond bootstrapped Podcast Connection from a 2-man operation to an amazing and diverse 14-person remote team. Together, they’ve helped 50+ clients get heard by a collective audience of ± 2 million podcast listeners. They’re also the first and only agency to develop an algorithm that can accurately estimate podcast listens, enabling their clients to essentially “pay per reach” and predict ROI more accurately.
As a formally educated and professional musician, Erick has performed across the globe to live audiences of up to 11,000 and broadcast audiences of up to 200,000+.
In 2017 Erick and his fellow band members received awards for ‘Best Album’, ‘Best Music Video’, and ‘Best Core Band’ at the annual SAMMA.
When COVID-19 first struck his homeland: South Africa, the music industry was severely affected. This forced him to adapt and pivot into a new direction which happened to be one of the best decisions he has ever made.
As fulfilling as his musical career was, the prospect of returning to music full-time after the pandemic had mostly passed, felt much less inviting. Starting and running a business calls for much personal growth and reflection. This, along with plans for marriage with a family and the unfortunate passing of his father, shifted his priorities and life goals over time. He soon realized that his former life vision and “rockstar” lifestyle were no longer aligned with his future dreams and desires.
Erick’s new dream is to grow Podcast Connection along with his partner Raymond from 6 figures annually to 8-figures and beyond – giving him more financial freedom and, in the process, helping others have their voices heard.
Erick believes that systems, habits, and the power of focus are the keys to success in everything from music to business to personal well-being to relationships.
more about the guest
Check out the type of content you can give your listeners during an interview with this guest.
Need some tantalizing topics to get your listeners engaged? Here are a few that would work perfectly with this guest.
- The three qualifying factors when podcasts vet guest speakers
- Five mistakes most first-time podcast guests make (and how to avoid them)
- Creating an effective podcast interview strategy to get ahead of your competition
- The importance of relevance and quality over quantity
- Building trust and creating the brand perception you want
- Building skillset and optimizing personal performance
- Running a business and managing a team 100% remotely
- Systems & Habits – the key to success in everything from music to business to personal well-being to relationships
- Pivoting from music to running a business
Not sure what to ask this guest? Here are some ideas for questions that you can ask during an interview on your podcast.
- How do you grow a business from a 2-man operation to a 14-person team in less than 2 years with no up-front capital?
- How do you manage a team that’s (literally) scattered across the globe and has never been in the same room?
- Every guest wants to be on the top podcasts – how does one get onto bigger podcasts and what does it take?
- What are some of the common mistakes you see many podcast guests make? How can they avoid them?
- Is the size of a podcast show as obvious as people think? Give us 5 tips on how to more accurately gauge a podcast’s listenership size.
- Is it possible to directly measure ROI from podcast interviews? How does one go about it?
- What are some tips for maximizing your ROI from every interview?
- You’ve traveled the world and performed in front of audiences of literally hundreds of thousands of people – why give that up to start a business from scratch, in a field you had no experience in?
- Why did you decide to start a new business at the start of a global pandemic?
- What did you learn from your time as a professional musician and how has it helped you pivot into a completely different industry?
- How long does it usually take before you start seeing a return from doing podcast interviews?
- There are so many podcasts asking for sponsored guest fees these days. How can you tell which ones are worth the money?
- What methods or tools do you use to find hyper-focused podcasts for your clients and yourself?
- How one’s attitude and expectations around podcast guesting can either be your biggest asset or worst enemy
- Other than reach and exposure to other podcasts’ audiences, what other opportunities sprout from podcast interviews that are often left on the table?
more about the guest
Figure out how everything will work if you were to interview this guest.
Is the guest close enough for an in-person interview?
Current time at this location: