Arthur Woods is a social entrepreneur and LGBTQ+ advocate working at the intersection of equity, inclusion, and technology. He is an Amazon National Bestselling author of the book, Hiring for Diversity and the Co-Founder of Mathison, a venture-backed technology platform equipping employers with everything they need to manage their diversity hiring efforts. Arthur was named to Forbes 30 Under 30 and 40 Under 40 by BEQ. He is a three-time TEDx speaker and has advised leading brands from Disney, Sonos, and MetLife to the Smithsonian.
Arthur is the creator of the first Equal Hiring Index to assess and benchmark inclusive hiring practices. He came from Google where he led operations for YouTube’s Education division and oversaw YouTube for Schools. Arthur previously co-founded Imperative, a leading social learning platform; Out in Tech, the largest global LGBTQ technology community; and Social Impact 360, a collegiate social enterprise education program.
Arthur studied at Georgetown University, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and HBS online. He is a World Economic Forum Global Shaper, GCT Entrepreneur in Residence, a New York Venture Fellow, SAP.io Foundries Fellow, has contributed to Fast Company, and sits on the Advisory Boards of LIFT and Second Day.
Co-founder of Mathison
Awarded Forbes 30 Under 30 & Awarded BEQ 40 Under 40
Studied at Georgetown University, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, and HBS online
Delivered 3 TEDx Talks, over 300 keynotes, and many op-eds.
11 QUESTIONS THAT ARTHUR CAN BE ASKED
1. How can companies reduce bias in hiring?
2. What are the biggest problems you see in most companies’ diversity hiring efforts?
3. What are some helpful tools (free or paid) & strategies that HR teams can use to make better hiring decisions?
4. How can HR teams improve their job descriptions to be less biased?
5. What valuable insight can you share from work with YouTube’s Education division?
6. What is LGBTQ+ technology and how is it impacting our society/culture/future?
7. What is the role of leadership in business with regards to diversity & inclusion?
8. You launched a tech company called Mathison, can you tell us about it?
9. How does Mathison’s Equal Hiring Index and scoring system work? Tell us more about why it’s so groundbreaking.
10. What compelled you to lead so much research and write a full book on diversity hiring?
11. Can you share some of the big trends you uncovered and the greatest gaps employers are facing in diversity hiring?
5 TOPICS THAT ARTHUR CAN DISCUSS
1. The path to growing diversity in your organization
2. How to reimagine the approach to unconscious bias in your organization
3. How to lead inclusively to bring out the best on your team
4. Building a longterm diversity hiring and retention strategy
5. Becoming an Ally – the path to advocating as a leader
MORE ABOUT THE BOOK
Hiring for Diversity:
The Guide To Building an Inclusive and Equitable Organization
The first book for diversity hiring, launching Aug 10, 2021. Hiring for Diversity brings together the most cutting-edge practices for implementing a diversity hiring strategy that leaves your organization with a comprehensive view and an actionable plan. Using our research and work with hundreds of leading employers, the book offers the most actionable examples of the policies and practices for diversity hiring.
A GLIMPSE OF WHAT ARTHUR WOODS HAS TO SAY
SOME PODCASTS WHO HAVE INTERVIEWED ARTHUR WOODS
ARTHUR IS AN EXPERIENCED PUBLIC SPEAKER WHO IS MAKING HIS DEBUT ON PODCASTS