The founder of Illuminate PMC, David is a keynote speaker, consultant, and trainer specializing in helping organizations improve their leadership and culture, combat burnout, and design meaningful work. David combines decades of leadership experience with the latest psychological research to help you attract, retain, and motivate top talent.
Some of David’s recent clients include American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), Texas Restaurant Association, North Carolina Society for Human Resource Professionals (SHRM), and St Louis County, MN Health & Human Service (HHS).
David holds his bachelor’s in human resource management from Colorado State University and his master’s in industrial/organizational psychology from the University of Maryland – College Park. He is a current doctoral candidate in business psychology at The Chicago School of Professional Psychology where he is studying the interaction between meaningful work and burnout.
David is NOT your typical academic – as a scientist/practitioner translator, David makes leadership theory & business psychology accessible, implementable, and fun through the use of humor, stories, and ‘real-world’ examples.
Founder of Illuminate PMC.
Master of Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
PhD Candidate – Business Psychology.
SOME USEFUL LINKS:
10 QUESTIONS THAT DAVID CAN BE ASKED
1. What is Burnout?
2. What can businesses do to prevent burnout?
3. Does resilience training work?
4. How are people supposed to find meaning in their work? What if I have a mundane job?
5. How did you get into this line of work… where did you develop a passion for work?
6. How important is it to have my company mission and values written down?
7. What long-term effects will COVID-19 have on the world of work?
8. How do I know if my company has a burnout problem?
9. If I discover that my employees are burned out, what is the first thing step I can take to fix it?
10. I can’t seem to get the right people on board… how can I hire better people?
5 TOPICS THAT DAVID CAN DISCUSS
1. Employee burnout – what is it? What causes it? How can an organization fix it?
2. The deeper meaning of work; work as a calling; finding passion & meaning in your work.
3. Employee selection – how to hire more effectively.
4. How to be a more effective leader.
5. Diversity & Inclusion and why diversity is useless without inclusion.