Gerry Valentine inspires people to build resilience, and to understand that adversity can become a source of opportunity. As an executive coach, public speaker, and author—with more than 25 years of Fortune 100 leadership experience—he is a trusted advisor to corporate executives and entrepreneurs.
Gerry built a successful career with some of the world’s most respected firms, but this was an unlikely path. His early life was spent in poverty, as the child of a single mother. He went on to earn a BS from Cornell University, an MBA from New York University, and to launch a successful corporate career.
Along the way, Gerry found that the adversity of his early life had helped him develop the resilience he needed to succeed. Now, he shares those lessons—lessons that are critical in today’s disruptive world, and that are the subject of his exciting new book “The Thriving Mindset: Tools for empowerment in a disruptive world.”
Founder of Vision Executive Coaching – Trusted advisor to corporate executives, entrepreneurs, & other leaders at multiple well-know companies
Former Fortune 100 Executive: Successful 27+ year career with renowned companies, like Pfizer and American Express
Earned a BS in electrical & computer engineering from Cornell University and an MBA from New York University.
Complete 8 Ironman Triathlons, 5 Marathons and many other shorter events.
TEDx speaker – “Embrace Adversity” (2017)
10 QUESTIONS THAT GERRY CAN BE ASKED
1. How did you overcome the disadvantage of your early life to build a successful career and business?
2. How should people think about their careers today so that they are prepared for the future?
3. Why do you believe the disruption and uncertainty in today’s world also offers opportunity?
4. Why does adversity causes some people to break, and other people to break records?
5. What are the five most important things people can do to prepare themselves for the world of tomorrow?
6. How can you “future-proof” your career?
7. How do you lead others in a disruptive and uncertain environment?
8. What should people be telling their kids to prepare them for the world of tomorrow?
9. Why does the pace of change in today’s world feel so daunting, and what should people do about it?
10. Why do you believe this is both the most disruptive time in human history, as well as the most exciting time in human history?
5 TOPICS THAT GERRY CAN DISCUSS
1. How to overcome disruption and uncertainty in today’s world.
2. How to lead in a disruptive and uncertain business environment.
3. How to overcome personal and career setbacks.
4. How to turn the disruption of today’s world into your advantage.
5. How to prepare yourself for the future of work.
MORE ABOUT THE BOOK
THE THRIVING MINDSET
Tools for Empowerment in a Disruptive World.
We’re living through the most disruptive time in human history and people are struggling to adapt. The coronavirus pandemic has added more fuel to the fire. How do we move forward? How can you not just survive but thrive in this unsettling new world? This book provides the answers.