|Gina Nelson has been a Licensed Clinical Social Worker for over 2 decades and has spent the past 25 years of her career helping individuals and families learn to adapt and cope with difficult life transitions. She offers online coaching nationwide, as well as in-person and online psychotherapy in California and Idaho. Her expertise is in helping teens and adults learn to catch their anxiety before it gets out of control. As a Certified EMDR Therapist, Gina’s specialized training helps decrease clients’ negative beliefs that fuel their anxiety and provides them with a new perspective. Her experience as a Certified Daring Way Facilitator™ encourages clients to embrace vulnerability as a necessary step for shame resilience and connection. |
Gina is the creator of Combating Teen Anxiety; her proven 10-step method to reduce teen anxiety and give teens the skills to manage their emotions so that they can succeed in their future goals. Gina’s clinical expertise combined with her personal journey raising 3 kids through their challenges and her son’s gender transition, is what really helps her connect on a deeper level and transform the lives of her clients. When she’s not impacting lives, she can be found adventuring in the great outdoors with family and friends.
Author of a parent and teen communication journal designed to give teens the language and tools to express themselves in difficult conversations with their parents.
Gina is a licensed clinical social worker and was a Medical Trauma Social worker for 20 years prior to opening her private practice.
Gina is specialized in Neuro, Trauma, and End of Life with an emphasis on Palliative Care.
Gina left the medical industry to gain the opportunity of working with people and to be part of the outcome of her interventions long-term.
USEFUL LINKS & SOCIAL MEDIA
GINA’S DEBUT PODCAST EPISODES
10 QUESTIONS THAT GINA CAN BE ASKED
1. Please tell us how you got started in Therapy and how your work has evolved?
2. What are some challenges teens are facing and the barriers to them managing their anxiety?
3. Let’s talk about your background. How did you get specialized in working with teens, and how do you help your clients overcome their anxiety?
4. What are the top mistakes you see parents with anxious teens make? What about the top mistakes teens with anxiety make?
5. Based on your experience, what is one thing anxious parents and/or anxious teens can do right now to help them manage their anxiety about their ambitious goals and dreams?
6. This kind of change doesn’t happen overnight. What’s one of your favorite success stories to give us some inspiration on the possibilities of working on ourselves in this way?
7. Do you have a book that impacted your life or that you can share with our audience today?
8. You mentioned to me you’ve got some incredible video training you wanted to gift our listeners today, how can it help and where can they get their hands on the free mini-course?
9. Top tip for anxiety:
Before we go, what message would you like to leave with our listeners?
10. Can you tell listeners where they can find you online (FB, Twitter, website, etc)?
5 TOPICS THAT GINA CAN DISCUSS
1. How To Catch You or Your Teen’s Anxiety Before it Gets Out of Control
2. Replacing Anger, Resentment, and Disappointment With Joy and Happiness
3. Ten Essential Steps to Combat Teen Anxiety
4. Decrease Negative Beliefs that Fuel You or Your Teen’s Anxiety
5. How Knowing Your Values Helps Improve Parent/Teen Communication
What sort of value will a podcast listener get if they listen to the episode featuring Gina?
In addition to how to manage anxiety for themselves and their kids, listeners will also receive a free training course complete with videos, worksheets, and exercises they can do in the privacy of their home and when it’s most convenient.
GINA HAS A PROFESSIONAL MIC SETUP
Rest assured that an interview with Gina will sound very professional. She sports the Rhode NT-USB flagship microphone.