I USED TO THINK I WAS AN OVERACHIEVER BACK IN THE DAY AS AN:
• International boxer and Mens England team member
• Graduate from the Peter Jones’s Enterprise Academy
• Software sales guy who opened / closed £400,000 of new business EdTech sales aged 17 and later successfully signed fashion clients including Pepe Jeans, Hackett, Moss Bros, Warehouse aged 22
• Nutrition app and eCommerce business founder
• “Down and outer” in £15,000 of debt living on my aunties sofa to £40,000 saved having travelled/partied around the world in less than 3 years
ON THE SURFACE EVERYTHING LOOKED CONFIDENTLY IN CONTROL…
• However, I tried (and evidently but fortunately failed) to take my own life due to an eating disorder, anxiety, depression, two addictions and eventually burn out
• Borrowed £15,000 from a close friend and lost it all in a failed business
• Wasn’t good enough to make the Team GB boxing team and lost my place on the England team
• Lost two girlfriends due to previous abandonment and anxiety issues
Founder of Total Mental Performance
International boxer and Men’s England team member
Graduated from the Peter Jones Enterprise Academy
Opened/closed £400,000 of new business in software sales for EdTech at age 17
Successfully signed fashion clients including Pepe Jeans, Hackett, Moss Bros and Warehouse by age 22
Nutrition app and eCommerce business founder
Went from £15,000 of debt, living on his aunt’s sofa to £40,000 saved having travelled/partied around the world in less than 3 years
10 QUESTIONS THAT KYRAN CAN BE ASKED
1. What’s your story?
2. How did you go from suicide to where you are now?
3. What’s your biggest set back?
4. Tell us more about how you’re supporting charity as you scale.
5. How do you work with senior leaders?
6. What is the biggest setbacks you see you high performers?
7. What kind of clients do you coach?
8. Tell us more about your boxing career.
9. What do you think peak performance is?
10. Tell us something about male mental health that not many know
8 TOPICS THAT KYRAN CAN DISCUSS
1. How to manage emotional meltdowns
2. Dealing with Imposter Syndrome
3. Why comparison syndrome is a killer
4. The overachievers paradox
5. The power of catastrophising
6. Destroy the notion of peace behind achievement
7. Coping mechanisms are bullsh*t, here’s why
8. Building your personal boardroom
A GLIMPSE OF WHAT KYRAN O’NEILL HAS TO SAY IN HIS PODCAST INTERVIEWS
For years I wanted more out of life after working sickening hours and making endless personal sacrifices, yet feeling miserable even when I exceeded my own targets. But I didn’t have a clue how to get it. I was dazed and confused, and I was scared.
Having performed at an elite level as an international boxer and software sales within highly competitive markets globally, yet never feeling good enough, I felt like my chance to achieve what I wanted whilst living a great quality of life was shrinking with each passing day. Especially when I found myself £15,000 in debt, burnt out living on my aunties sofa in a south London housing estate having just been dumped by an ex-girlfriend. But then everything changed when I finally reached out for help.
Since then, with world-class coaches and high performers by my side, I finally understood where I was going wrong and what changes would make it right. Those world-shaking insights were so profound that I started Total Mental Performance to help other high performers and achievers avoid the same pitfalls I’d made multiple times. Helping instead live a good to great life, vs an “ok” life.