Madhur-Nain Webster’s life has consistently been balanced by ancient traditions of meditation. By using yogic tools such as chanting and deep breathing, she has always been able to recenter herself so that she could respond rather than react to various struggles she has faced. Her conviction of the positive influence that meditation has on the psychology and well-being of a person plays a major role in her approach to therapy.
As a licensed marriage and family therapist holding a successful private practice in Napa, California, Madhur-Nain often encourages the use of yogic philosophy and meditation tools to assist clients in self-reflect so they can self-correct. She believes that yogic technology is the future of psychotherapy since it supports clients as they bring polarized thoughts into harmony. For over twenty years, she has been deeply committed to helping people discover and build self-trust, expanding their potential to handle stress, anxiety, and depression.
With an ongoing love for humanity and fascination with the human mind, Madhur-Nain Webster aspires to educate a wide audience on the innate power of being a mindful individual. Her mantra — “breathing keeps you alive, but meditation keeps you sane” — is a basic tenet of her lessons. She regularly holds yoga teacher training and workshops worldwide to share her experience and knowledge with others.
Her first book, The Stressless Brain (2018), is an accessible integration of eastern and western therapeutic methods that illuminate the importance of yoga and meditation on the psyche. She is currently writing her second book, similarly focused on mental health. A major component of Madhur-Nain’s work involves meditation and music-focused chanting, much of which is available for free on her website and audio streaming services. “If meditation is a washing machine for your mind,” she says, “then chanting is spot remover.”
MORE ABOUT THE BOOK
The Stressless Brain
THREE YEARS OF WRITING; A LIFETIME IN THE MAKING
The Stressless Brain is the culmination of my lifelong experience with Kundalini Yoga and years’ worth of psychotherapy. It is my intention that my book will serve as an introduction for people to use meditative tools in order to change, transition, and ultimately heal their stress and anxiety.
Madhur-Nain generously offers free hard copies in the mail (within the US) for all listeners who head over to her site. She will provide a link during a featured interview with her.
Later listeners will be eligible for a free digital book download!
USEFUL LINKS & SOCIAL MEDIA
A GLIMPSE OF WHAT AN INTERVIEW WITH MADHUR-NAIN WILL BE LIKE
SOME PODCASTS THAT HAVE INTERVIEWED MADHUR-NAIN
13 QUESTIONS THAT MADHUR-NAIN CAN BE ASKED
1. How do you see yourself as a mental health worker with pop-psychology?
2. What was your process in writing The Stressless Brain?
3. How can meditation help our everyday life?
4. Is meditation a tool or magic?
5. How is meditation connected to religion?
6. How do you help clients and students feel empowered in their life?
7. What has changed your approach to working with families?
8. How has couple work changed your own marriage?
9. What is the most common issue couples come work on?
10. How do you stay sane in this insane world?
11. How has being a parent helped your work with clients?
12. Who has influenced your work with clients the most?
13. What would you tell your younger self as a mother?
10 IN-DEPTH TOPICS THAT MADHUR-NAIN CAN DISCUSS OVER AN INTERVIEW
1. What is psychology all about and how does it help make your life better?
2. What is the difference between stress and anxiety?
3. How can one work on their trauma?
4. The complex relationship between adult children and their parents
5. How do we use meditation in our everyday life?
6. How are spirituality and religion the same and different?
7. Is God a dirty word?
8. Do we all have multiple personalities now? The learning of our inner child.
9. How working on yourself can sometimes be the best gift to your marriage.
10. We can heal our relationships with our parents.
MADHUR-NAIN HAS A PROFESSIONAL MIC SETUP
Rest assured that an interview with Madhur-Nain will sound very professional. She is a podcaster herself and knows how to make her voice sound great. She sports the Elgato Wave: 1 Premium microphone.