Maureen is a woman out to change the world. Having spent nearly two decades working in the predominantly female non-profit sector, she has witnessed what courageous, resourceful, and committed women working together can achieve.
After being surrounded by women changing the world almost daily, Maureen began to wonder what it will take to achieve gender equality in her lifetime. What are the remaining barriers, what will it take to conquer them, and what was her role in doing so? These curiosities launched a learning and writing journey resulting in her new book, How to Make the Matriarchy: The Power and Promise of Prioritizing Women.
An energetic leader, author, speaker, and coach, Maureen is the Founder and Principal at Candor & Company, partnering with clients to inspire transformative leadership that affects dramatic social change.
Building on nearly 20 years of experience in the non-profit sector, Maureen’s greatest joy is creating change by serving changemakers. She’s also somewhat famous for her baked goods.
Owner & Founder of Candor & Company
Certified Professional Coach – iPec Coaching
Certified Diversity and Belonging Culture Facilitator
SOME USEFUL LINKS:
11 QUESTIONS THAT MAUREEN CAN BE ASKED
1. How did you get started on this learning and writing journey?
2. What was the most surprising thing you learned while writing your book?
3. What are the changes you’re making in your everyday life to create a more gender-equal world?
4. Why do women in leadership matter?
5. What are the biggest challenges or opportunities to achieving gender equality in a post-COVID world?
6. How does your book relate to the upcoming International Women’s Day 2021 campaigns and events?
7. Why make the matriarchy?
8. Within gender equality is also the issue of racial equality among women. Tell us the role this played in your journey, and what you think the most important takeaway is.
9. How can men find their place in the work of empowering women?
10. Which places in the world have done the most to close gender gaps, and what can we learn from them?
11. Who is this book written for? Who is your dream reader?
6 TOPICS THAT MAUREEN CAN DISCUSS
1. Benefits of empowering women
2. Actionable steps towards gender equality
3. The most gender-equal places in the world explained
4. Areas of society where gender gaps exist
5. The upcoming 2021 International Women’s Day
6. How to write and publish a book
MORE ABOUT THE BOOK
HOW TO MAKE THE MATRIARCHY
The Power and Promise of Prioritizing Women
What will it take to achieve gender equality in our lifetime?
This is the question that kicks off a curious and winding learning journey in How to
Smash the Patriarchy Make the Matriarchy: The Power and Promise of Prioritizing Women.