Parneet Pal, M.B.B.S., M.S. is a Harvard- and Columbia-trained physician working at the intersection of lifestyle medicine, technology and behavior change. An educator and science communicator, she applies her subject matter expertise to optimize human health and its impact on business leadership and planetary wellbeing. She strongly believes we can create a compassionate, equitable society where health is the default.
As Chief Science Officer, Wisdom Labs, she focuses on solving for stress, burnout and loneliness in the workplace. Wisdom Labs aspires to build wiser workplaces using the science of mindfulness and scaling the skills of mental resilience, emotional intelligence and compassionate leadership across organizations.
She speaks about the connections between Health, Leadership and Climate at Fortune 500 companies and global conferences including Web Summit (Lisbon), Slush (Helsinki), Leade.rs (Paris), The Next Web (Amsterdam), Tech Open Air (Berlin), WELCOA (Wellness Council of America), Wisdom 2.0 (San Francisco), and ACLM (American College of Lifestyle Medicine) and Singularity University.
Has spoken at several top global conferences
Has been featured on the cover of Mindful magazine
Chief Science Officer at Wisdom Labs
Martha Beck-trained executive coach
Harvard Business Review contributor
BJ Fogg Tiny Habits Certified Coach
SOME USEFUL LINKS:
10 QUESTIONS THAT PARNEET CAN BE ASKED
1. What happens in the brain and body when we are stressed?
2. What does resilience mean? How can we build resilience at work?
3. Burnout – what it is; causes; what workplaces can do to avoid it
4. Loneliness – what it is; causes in the workplace; what can be done to avoid it
5. What does mindfulness mean? What are the benefits to our health and work performance?
6. What does compassion mean? What are the benefits to our health and work performance?
7. What are the key principles of effective behavior change?
8. What are some strategies and skills that help us navigate difficult emotions?
9. What are the key aspects of lifestyle – what we eat, how much we move and sleep, and how we manage our stress that we should keep in mind?
10. What role do positive emotions – like optimism, awe and gratitude play in our wellbeing?
5 TOPICS THAT PARNEET CAN DISCUSS
1. Stress, burnout and loneliness in the workplace
2. Building mental, emotional and social resilience at work
3. Science of mindfulness, resilience and compassion
4. Science of behavior change/building healthy habits
5. Lifestyle medicine – optimizing nutrition, sleep, exercise and stress management for optimal health