Steve is an expert on lessening loneliness in the workplace. His book “Connectable” is the first book to ever address the impact of loneliness at work. Steve has consulted for many of the top companies in the world (Salesforce, Home Depot, Bridgestone, Bank of America..) using his “powers” to deliver learning experiences that drive professional growth and development. Dubbed “The Leadership Whisperer” Steve has trained thousands of people, is a McGraw Hill and ATD (Association for Talent Development) published author, keynote speaker, and writer featured in Forbes, Trainingmag.com, and TD (Training Development) magazine. Steve is the CEO of SyncLX, and founder of Meyvn Global, building two industry-leading international consultancies focused on unlocking human potential.
Steve holds a MS in Organizational Development from Pepperdine University’s Graziadio School of Business, and a BA in Speech Communication from the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana. He currently resides in Southern California with his wife Jen and two beautiful daughters.
McGraw Hill published author
Scaled a $9k investment into a $3m business
Trained thousands of people around the world – 50,000 to date
Has worked with Salesforce, Home Depot, Bank of America, Komatsu, CAT, and many other leading companies
Has been featured in Forbes, ATD (Association for Talent Development), Entrepreneur on Fire, and others
SOME USEFUL LINKS:
7 QUESTIONS THAT STEVEN CAN BE ASKED
1. Why is understanding loneliness at work so important?
2. What are companies doing to lessen loneliness among their employees?
3. How does a company create a culture of belonging?
4. What does leadership look like moving into 2021?
5. What business “rules” do you think need to be broken?
6. How do you create deep meaningful connections at work?
7. What do you see as the biggest opportunity for companies to get right?
6 TOPICS THAT STEVEN CAN DISCUSS
1. Why your employees are lonely at work at how to lessen the problem
2. The importance of training your leaders on how to deal with millennials in the workplace
3. Creating high-quality millennial leaders
4. Habitually practicing active listening as a leader
5. Why meaningful connections at work are important
6. How employee loneliness/disconnectedness can hurt your business
MORE ABOUT THE BOOK
How leaders can move teams from isolated to all-in
Having a publishing deal with McGraw Hill – one of the “big three” educational publishers – Steven Van Cohen’s book is due for release in February 2022. Connectable will be the first-ever book to address the problem of loneliness, disconnectedness, and isolation, in the workplace. The book will offer businesses helpful advice and tools on how to lessen loneliness, boost belonging and create deep connections at work.